Diversity is an essential element of an excellent education and a central tenet of our Mission Statement: “At Charles River School, we…respect ourselves and others, and prepare children to be active participants in our diverse world.”
Diversity encompasses differences in the human family including: cultural heritages, family structures, gender, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and socio-economic backgrounds.
We commit ourselves to:
- Cultivating diversity throughout our curriculum, our student body, and our faculty and staff;
- Deepening our knowledge and appreciation of diversity;
- Providing an environment and an education that prepares children to become successful, contributing members of a global society;
- Understanding both historical and current implications of diversity, power, and privilege;
- Engaging in this complex work with careful thought and an enduring commitment.