Take a look at the exciting things that are happening at the Charles River School. We’ve just completed our largest fundraising campaign in the school’s history, admissions inquiries are at a nine-year high and attrition is less than half of the AISNE average.
Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion. They want to be personally engaged in helping Charles River School to have a similar impact on the next generation of young minds. Our alumni are active in volunteer opportunities on campus and our Annual Fund continues to grow year on year.
Our parents are committed to fostering a robust learning environment. This includes a desire to say, “Yes,” when asked to volunteer to help with WOM marketing or give financial support: we are proud of their 98% participation rate in our Annual Fund.
The Head of School, administrative team, and faculty members are energized. They are committed to nurturing each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement.
Charles River School is a great place to work. And we are growing our team. We are looking for someone to join us as Director of Marketing and Communications. You should be thoughtful, a team player, task- and outcome-oriented, and excited to join a fast-paced, innovative environment. You’ll need to bring at least ten years of relevant strategic marketing and communications experience to this senior leadership role and have stellar interpersonal skills, exceptional writing skills, and a willingness to wear many hats as part of the CRS advancement team.
A member of the senior administrative team, the Director of Marketing and Communications will report to the Head of School. S/he will work collaboratively with the Directors of Admissions and Development as part of the Advancement Team to ensure coordinated, timely and compelling messaging and initiatives to support engagement, enrollment, and fundraising goals.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for:
- Strategic marketing: Create and update an annual strategic marketing plan for CRS to define, direct, manage and implement marketing initiatives for optimal ROI
- Strategic Partnerships: identifying, stewarding, and creating partnerships with organizations that are aligned with the mission and philosophy of Charles River School
- Brand management: Responsible for creating a multi-year plan based on a recently-completed comprehensive branding initiative to build, shape, protect and advance the Charles River School brand and competitively position the school in the marketplace.
- Leadership and coordination: Manage, guide, motivate and develop marketing efforts with all CRS constituencies, skillfully knowing when to “do” and when to direct.
- Communications: Develop and deliver messaging and content, integrated across all channels to engage target audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Collaborative work style and comfort working with development team, board members, parents, and students
- Fun, humorous, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to plan for various outcomes and scenarios – we are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team!
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong computer skills, especially an understanding of how databases work
- Experience with print design layout also beneficial (especially InDesign)
Charles River School offers a very competitive and comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees. Salary commensurate with successful applicant’s experience.
Please submit updated resume and cover letter to Laura Woodring, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles River School of Dover, MA, is an equal opportunities employer offering competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of joining a dynamic team within a nurturing and forward-thinking community, we want to hear from you.