At Charles River School, we believe all information on our website should be available to all people, regardless of physical or developmental abilities and impairments.
As a result, digital content at CRS is developed and implemented to be broadly inclusive and aims to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant. To meet this goal, CRS takes these steps to improve the accessibility of all webpages and web applications developed for the school:
- A redesign of all school web templates, keeping accessibility as a consideration throughout the planning and development process.
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- Main images are also assigned descriptive alt-text
- Accessibility training for content developers and editors and training that raises the campus community’s awareness of the purpose of web accessibility and its best practices.
- Whenever possible, the remediation of earlier templates which are still in use.
If you have questions about accessibility at Charles River School or would like additional assistance, please email email@example.com.