At Charles River School, leadership starts sooner and childhood lasts longer. At the fall Multi-Arts Assembly on Friday, November 3, leadership and the joy of childhood were on full display.
The assembly included 12 scenes featuring each and every member of the 7th- and 8th-grade classes. Each student showcased teamwork, talent, and public speaking skills as they played their parts. Families joined us for a morning chock full of laughter and delight. 7th- and 8th-graders have been working on their roles twice a week for the last two months and balancing learning their lines and characters with full plates of academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities. Our Otters performed a selection of roles from musicals and plays.
The schedule was as follows:
- “Opening Night” from Peter Pan Goes Wrong
- “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast the musical
- “The King” from The Little Prince
- “You’re an Ogre?!” from Shrek the musical
- “The Beast” from The Sandlot
- “The Chess Game” from Wonderland
- “Crabbiness Surcey” from You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown
- “Some Pig!” from Charlotte’s Web
- Golden Ticket from Willy Wonka the musical
- “In the Nursery” from Mary Poppins the musical
- “Wicked Witch” from The Wizard of Oz
- “You’re in the Band!” from School of Rock the musical
The production of the assembly was led by Sarah Clancy, Grades 7 & 8 MultiArts Teacher and All-School Associate Teacher, and Mica Molloering, Head of Performing Arts, who also provided musical accompaniment.
Take a bow, Otters!